Thursday, January 21, 2010

How I Love Hats

I have a collection of hats. Vintage hats from op-shops, boutiques, etsy and new hats (I can never go past the millinery department in David Jones in the city without looking in at them especially at Melbourne Cup time) I never care where there from as long as they look good.
I have a very understanding boyfriend who never minds what crazy outfit I put on (and including the vintage style underwear as well) and will encourage me often to wear these pretty hats.
I have not bought a new hat since before Christmas and are beginning to get withdrawal symptoms from depriving myself of the temptation of etsy, until last night.
I have not bought anything yet (because of a tight financial situation) but that has not deterred me from adding 20 to my favorite list. These are the ones I love and would love even more if I had the money.
Fruit Basket Vintage 1950s Tilt Hat Headband Picture Hat @ SelvageBoutique

VINTAGE 50's PINK RED VELVET NETTING STRUCTURED HEAD BAND HAT @ stellaranae

Vintage Victorian velvet navy cloche--authentic @ gurneycreekfarm




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - I love hats, although mine are much plainer than these! I love the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogwalking greetings from INDONESIA to your side of world! Take care!
    FOLLOW my blog
    FOLLOW my blog
    FOLLOW my blog
    okay ;)

    ReplyDelete